August 2, 2014

Is it Autumn yet?!

No, seriously. This summer wasn't anywhere near as miserable as last summer was, but I am completely ready for Fall. It's my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the smell, the colors, the football, my anniversary, all of it. I probably say this every year around the beginning of August. Poor August never gets love. If my excitement for Autumn wasn't bad enough, we also get to throw in our move to New Mexico and visiting Washington D.C. and Omaha into the mix. I'll do my best to blog more this month, that'll make up for my lack of enthusiasm for the eighth month, right?!

This past week I've been on a Fall kick, making soup, baking pumpkin pie, later today I'm going to make oatmeal raisin cookies and maybe a coffee cake. Cole woke up kind of early the other day, so we cuddled in my bed and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. This week has also been amazingly cloudy, with a couple of days where it was sunny (we had just enough sun so it wouldn't be depressingly cloudy, there's a fine line in case you didn't know, especially in Germany), but it wasn't too hot. In other words, the weather has been amazing in our little slice of Germany and I'm crossing my fingers it'll continue for a while!

Josh and I had a hankering for pumpkin pie. I used a premade, roll-out crust, and mixed 1 can of pumpkin, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 eggs, and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. Put it in an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temp to 350 and continue to bake 40 minutes.This quick and easy recipe comes from McCormick's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment