June 13, 2014

Photo Friday!

Woo it's Friday! This past week has been a long one. Josh has been working evenings, he's helping train some folks on equipment and this, unfortunately, continues next week. It's also been a very hot week. I think it got all the way up to 95 degrees at one point, and we have no air conditioning to retreat to, unless we wanted to go for a car ride (which we did). We tried going to the KMCC, but it seems everyone was thinking the same thing because the air conditioners just weren't able to keep up with the amount of people.

I'm hoping this next week will cool down enough to let me come up to our stuffy loft and blog. With our cruise coming up, I'm going to try and share some of my favorite travel tips, so keep an eye out!
Now for Photo Friday! I'm kinda liking the pick-your-picture way of doing photo-a-day!



Day 7: Hair. I had planned on doing a post of before and after Cole's hair cut, but that was before my dad even came to visit. So since I didn't get to share it then, I'll share it now because I absolutely love this picture of him!
Day 8: Ordinary. In the summer, smoothies are a normal part of our day. This particular smoothie is strawberry, banana, spinach, and apple juice, but I also added 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed. It may not look great because of the spinach but it was pretty tasty and just what we needed for a hot day.
Day 9: Favorite color. There is something about summer that makes me want to bust out all of my highlighter colored clothing. I love bright colors this time of year, and I especially love this beach bag I just got from Victoria's Secret, it has all my favorite summer colors!
Day 10: In the act. It's been so hot, we've resorted to going "swimming"in the tub. A bit of cool water, and a few toys and this little boy was in heaven. We have a baby pool, we got it last summer, only to realize we have no outdoor faucet, so if we want to use it we have to fill it by bucket, and that takes a while. So, for now, bathtub swimming pools are where its at!
Day 11: Smiles. We decided to cook out for lunch, and while Josh manned the grill, Cole and I decided to keep him company. Cole loves the way Daddy pushes him on the swing, I guess I'm not as fun, and I'm okay with that.
Day 12: Relaxation. The BX finally had Mario Kart! Anyone who has actually played Mario Kart with me knows I'm terrible. But you just watch out, because with the Wii U you don't have to tilt it, which is apparently why I failed miserably. I've even beat Josh a couple of times, which I've never done!
Day 13: This just happened.  Did I mention it has been hot here? Today has actually been a decent day, but I've been battling a summer cold and this popsicle is just what I needed! If you're interested, the joke on the stick is: What do you get from a pampered cow? Spoiled milk. Bah-dum-tsh!

Oh and Happy Friday the 13th. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment