April 23, 2014

Apple Blueberry Awesomeness


I don't know if you remember, but last summer I spent a great deal of time making smoothies. I suppose I could've continued to make smoothies through winter, but it seems like such a summery/nice weather thing. Cole was pretty excited when he noticed that I was busting out our blender, I was pretty excited too!

Earlier this week I was cleaning out my freezer when I saw a bag of frozen apples that I completely forgot I had frozen. Since they last about 6-9 months in the freezer, a quick calculation (yes, I used my fingers to count out the months), told me that I need to use these apples up soon.

Using a handful of apples, blueberries, and spinach (all of which are frozen), as well as a fair amount of white cranberry and strawberry juice, we now have a new favorite smoothie at our house. I've also used apple juice in place of the white cranberry and strawberry juice, and it is equally as tasty. If it's a little too watered down for my taste, I'll throw in a few ice cubes to thicken it up.

 Cole didn't want to wait for me to take the pictures, he wanted his smoothie, and he wanted it now!
 Good to know smoothies make my kid sit still, at least for a few minutes.
 We decided to enjoy our smoothies outside. If you direct your attention to the previous 2 photos, you'll notice Cole's cup has a yellow straw. He decided his smoothie was getting low, so he traded and drank mine. It's a good thing I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment