December 13, 2013

Photo Friday the 13th!

Day 7: Christmas Tree. Originally, I had hoped to get a picture of Cole's silhouette, but my boy was just too wiggly for it, so we'll stick with a regular old Christmas tree shot!
Day 8: Something cold. I love and hate when I wake up to a chilly house. I love bundling up and being cozy, but those first few steps on the chilly tile floor, are not my favorite. Cold toes are the worst when you don't have a husband to sit on them to warm them up. That's true love folks!
Day 9: Baking. I love baking around Christmas. These great cookies came out of an unfortunate attempt to make spritz cookies. Word to the wise: buy a metal cookie press, the plastic ones are worthless. Recipe below.
Day 10: Underneath. Her new favorite place to hang out. 
Day 11: Holiday drink. When we moved to Germany, we were introduced to Gluhwein. Our first Christmas here, I was unable to partake because I was pregnant, but last Christmas I finally got to give this wonderful beverage a try. It's especially tasty when your checking out a Christmas market! Another recipe to check out below!
Day 12: Joy. One of my favorite things about Christmas is receiving holiday-scented soaps from my mom! Cole decided he didn't like the way I had them arranged...his way looks better.
Day 13: Handwriting. Every year I could always count on getting a Christmas card from my Grandma. This will be the first year I won't be receiving one from her. I'm so happy I'm a hoarder and keep old cards. Merry Christmas Grandma, I miss you terribly.

I made this dairy-free by using vegan butter.
You can use the same ingredients to make spritz cookies if you have a cookie press that won't break at your first attempt to use it. Just reduce the cooking time to 5 or 6 minutes.
I used a Pinot Noir. I've heard that you can substitute grape juice for the red wine if you're wanting an unleaded version, but I've never tried it so I can't tell you if it's good or not. I found this recipe on Food.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment