July 8, 2013

Red, White, and Blue Smoothie


If you haven't noticed by last couple of posts, we like strawberries and blueberries in this house. A lot. I like getting to try new combinations. In my last post, I shared my favorite summer drink, it's pretty safe to say that this is Cole's favorite summer drink (minus the whipped cream).

Ingredients:
blueberries
strawberries
apple juice
honey, optional
whipped cream, optional

Blend blueberries, strawberries and apple juice until smooth. I used frozen for this smoothie, so I wouldn't need ice, and it helped to keep it from tasting watered down. Depending on your berries, you may need a little honey to sweeten it up. I was feeling a little fancy and wanted my smoothie to have a Starbucks or Scooters feel, so I added a little whipped cream to the top of my smoothie. I now have my red, white and blue! A great drink we enjoyed on the Fourth!


No comments:

Post a Comment