July 8, 2013

Patriotic Popsicles



As promised, I'm here to share the best homemade popsicle I've made to date.  Growing up, I loved eating Bomb Pops on the 4th of July, it's part of the holiday for me. Recently, I've found myself obsessed with my blender. I knew I wanted to make a healthier version of my favorite popsicle to share with Cole, but I was a little stumped on what to do for "white." I settled on using applesauce, and it worked out really well!

Ingredients:
Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Applesauce
Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
Apple juice

Blend together blueberries with juice, until smooth. Pour into your molds and wipe the inside if any of the mixture hits the sides. Add the applesauce, and again wipe down the sides. Blend the strawberries and juice, just like the blueberries and top off your mold. Add in your sticks and freeze. So simple and so delish!

You can see by the look on Cole's face, he's ready for my to stop taking pictures, and start nomming on his popsicle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment