August 27, 2012

A Non-Salad Salad

I love a good salad. Whether it has lettuce, fruit, meat, etc. I'm pretty much down. Yesterday I was slicing up a cucumber and tomato and thought how nice it would be to have a salad for lunch the next day (my veggies were room temperature and I need them to be chilled at the very least to properly enjoy them), except I didn't have any lettuce. Honestly, there are times when I make a normal salad and my favorite part ends up being what I added to the lettuce, so I'll just have a salad sans lettuce. Simple.

This ended up being one of my favorite meal creations! I literally tossed together sliced cucumber (I peel mine too) and tomato and added little pepper (I don't like salt on fresh produce). Boom. Done. I also had some string cheese on the side. Tasty, and super easy, what else could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment