July 19, 2012

Meatloaf Muffins

I'm OBSESSED with Rachel Ray. I know some people aren't too crazy about her, but I like her enthusiasm and her recipes are just plain nifty.

I came across this recipe a while back when Josh and I first got here and didn't have any of our stuff because we were still living in a hotel. I was watching RR and thought this was the neatest recipe, wrote it down, stuck it in a book I had with me, and only recently found said recipe. It's almost like finding money in my pocket...well it's like that to me anyway.


When it comes to meatloaf, I like it simple. I think a good meatloaf shouldn't need any "extra" help, and I especially hate when there is ketchup involved. Basically, I took Rachel's idea of putting the meatloaf in a muffin tin, and used my parent's recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef/turkey
1 egg
splash of milk
handful of crackers (I used roughly half a sleeve of Ritz crackers)
salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and milk, add to the larger bowl holding the ground beef. 
  2. Get ready to get your hands dirty! Mash together everything slowly adding crackers until everything is sticking together nicely. 
  3. Brush muffin tin with olive oil. Take a small chunk of meat and push it into the tin until evenly distributed.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes. Cut open one of the muffins to check that it's been thoroughly cooked. I served this with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment