April 19, 2012

Bobby LaWayne's Fruit Salad

Every time my mom's side of the family gets together for a holiday it's pretty much common knowledge my Uncle Junior will be bringing his fruit salad. I love this fruit salad because it's different. It's not a common fruit salad, it's memorable.

Since Josh and I are doing centering for our baby appointments (you know the group appointments we do instead of individual appointments) we all decided to sign up to bring a snack for a specific week. This week's appointment was our snack week and I immediately thought of this fruit salad! The best part about the whole thing is it's super easy to make.


Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen sliced strawberries-thawed
3 cans fruit cocktail
1-2 boxes of instant french vanilla pudding
2-3 sliced bananas

Directions:
  1. Place the thawed strawberries into a large bowl, do not drain the juice from the strawberries
  2. Drain 3/4 of the juice from each can of fruit cocktail before adding it to the strawberries
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the pudding (this specific time, I used a large box of regular vanilla pudding), after it's set add it to the strawberries and fruit cocktail
  4. Let it set all night
  5. Before serving, slice up and add bananas, mix and enjoy!
I'm so glad I made this, it was like having a little slice of home when I'm so far away. Thanks Uncle Jr., you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment